**This post contains a giveaway for the book,Â Duck Commander Devotions for Kids.
I read once that the average American buys one book per year.
We are way above average. We getÂ at least one book a month, but mostly closer to 3-4Â books a month. Some we buy, some are for reviews (like the one below), but books always have a way of finding us.
Not always is a book as well received as this one.
When I opened the package containing Duck Commander Devotions for Kids, Grace squealed, grabbed it, and retreated to her room. I haven’t seen it since; she reads it every night before she goes to bed.
You can see a message below from Korie Robertson on why she created Duck Commander Devotions for Kids, but the short answer is that she wanted to help kids grow closer to God. Her devotional really does a great job of that.
But a devotional isn’t the only component in bringing our children to the Lord. We need to be in constant prayer for them.
A Prayer for My Children
Dear heavenly Father,
Thank you for the beautiful, active, ornery children you’ve blessed me with. Thank you that they are healthy and strong. Thank you for their mischievous streaks and their kind hearts.
Thank you for sweet cuddles and sloppy kisses and warm hugs. Thank you for making me their mother.
Remind me, oh Lord, that my children aren’t really mine but yours. Help me to open my hands and offer them to you. Dedicate them to your service.
Please be with my children today. Please guide their steps and open their hearts to the leading of the Holy Spirit. Keep them on the right path, and protect them from the enemy as he tries to steal them away from your flock.
Keep your words on their lips and in their minds, Lord, and keep them walking toward eternal life with you. Help them to grow in relationship with you each day.
Help me to be the mother my children need and deserve, slow to anger and quick to love. Help me be patient and fun and to nurture their delicate spirits.
Teach them Lord. Nurture them.Â Keep them company and remind them that they can call on you in everything.
In Jesus’ precious name,
This is the first devotional for kids by the Robertson family of Duck Dynasty fame!
With the Robertson clanâ€™s flair for down-home wisdom and their wholesome family values, this devotional reveals the heart and faith of this much-loved family from A&Eâ€™s hit show Duck Dynasty. The more than 6-million moms, dads, and little ones who are loyal fans of the Duck Dynasty family will love this collection of inspirational messages.
Each devotion contains a brief message, an anecdotal story from Americaâ€™s favorite family, a passage from Scripture, a prayer, and a Duck Commander in Action. Not only are the messages motivational, but they are also mixed with the charactersâ€™ trademark wit and revelations from their personal faith journeys. An ideal companion product for Duck Dynasty fans, outdoor enthusiasts, and those who want to grow in their faith, Duck Commander Devotions for Kids is certain to inspire little ones in their faith journey.
Enter to win Duck Commander Devotions for Kids!
- First comment â€œ#1 Email subscriberâ€
- Second comment â€œ#2 Email subscriberâ€
- Third comment â€œ#3 Email subscriberâ€
MANDATORY ENTRY:Â Comment on this post.Â Who is your favorite Duck Dynasty character?
- Subscribe to Feels Like Home by email. You donâ€™t have to include your email address in the comment as long as you include it in the Email box in the comment form. Be sure to comment 3 times.
- List this giveaway in a giveaway linky or listing site and include the link in your comment.
- Add me to one of your Google+ circles.Â Leave your Google+ name in the comments.
- Like Feels Like Home on Facebook.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Follow me on Twitter.
- Post this giveaway on your own Facebook wall and leave the link in the comments. Once during the giveaway period.
- Comment on a post on theÂ Feels Like Home FacebookÂ wall up to once per day.
- Tweet about the contest up to twice per day. Your Tweet MUST include the giveaway prize, the hashtag #giveaway and a link to this post along with @TaraZiegmont. You must have at least 100 followers, and the Tweet must be public (no protected Tweets).
All entries must be properly recorded as a comment with proof of the action required (link to Tweet, Facebook name, etc.)
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. The sweepstakes runs from February 11Â until February 18Â at 11:59pm. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
I am a Tommy Mommy, blogging for Tommy Nelson monthly. This post is not sponsored, but Tommy Nelson is providing the giveaway prizes. Please see myÂ disclosure policyÂ for more information.
© 2015, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.