A friend told me last week, “It wouldn’t be summer without pictures of sunburned Ziegmonts at Hersheypark on Facebook.”
I post pictures of us at Hersheypark on Facebook almost every time we go to Hersheypark, and we go to Hersheypark almost weekly.
And I haven’t found a good sunscreen that reliably keeps us from getting burned, so we are usually glowing bright red. (Have a suggestion? Tell me about it on my Facebook page.)
We go to craft classes, library activities, a couple different VBSes, Hersheypark, and the playground, and I like to carry snacks and drinks for the kids to hold them over between meals. I pack the snacks and drinks in a wet bag or thermal bag (to keep the contents dry and protect my bag in case something breaks open), and I pack things that won’t melt.
The only time I bring the snack bag in the house is to refill it. It is with us everywhere we go.
What to Pack in Your Summer Snack Pack
- Peanut butter and/or cheese crackers
- Flavored almonds
- Granola or protein bars (I buy the high fiber kind and go for ones with nuts over ones without.)
- 100% fruit snacks (I know; these are pretty much candy. But my kids love them, and they quiet the girls in times of immediate I NEED A SNACK RIGHT NOW meltdowns which happen often, especially toward the end of a long day at Hersheypark.)
- Individual bags of Pirate Booty
- Individual bags of animal crackers
- Individual bags of vanilla wafers
- Squeezable fruit, like applesauce
- Capri Sun Juice Drinks, 100% Juice, and Super V Fruit and Vegetable Juice Drinks
- Reusable water bottles (though these get heavy, especially when I have to carry 3 of them in the snack bag rather than stuffing it under the stroller)
Capri Sun juice drinks are the perfect choice for moms who want to give their kids something that not only tastes good, but is also good for them. They’ve recently made the bottoms of the pouches clear so you can see what’s inside. Capri Sun is committed to offering drink options that are free of artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
Capri Sun offers kid-pleasing flavors made with wholesome ingredients, in a convenient portable package that are also affordable. We get them at Walmart for under $2 a box.
What is your secret for summer snacking?
© 2014 – 2016, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.