This post is brought to you byÂ Giant Eagle. All opinions are 100% mine.
When both parents work, you need quick and easy meals to get through the week. It’s just a fact. We don’t have time to spend 2 or 3 hours every afternoon prepping and cooking a meal.
I know that to be the case for many stay-at-home moms as well. Whether you homeschool or shuttle kids from piano to soccer, many moms and dads have busy afternoons. Again, not at all conducive to spending a long time in the kitchen.
Enter Knorr SidesÂ – and the complete dinners you can make from them in minutes just by adding a few simple ingredients.
The meal we came up with (based on one of the 10 recipes in this booklet from Giant Eagle and Knorr) was amazing. It was flavorful – and the leftovers were even better the next day. Because it made enough for one family dinner and lunch for both Joe and myself for two more days, I think it’s a really frugal meal as well.
(Note – Knorr Rice Sides areÂ notÂ gluten-free. I’ll share a gluten-free version of this recipe next week.)
- 1 package Knorr Rice Sides - Chicken Flavor
- 1-2 cups corn (one can will work, but we used some corn that we froze last summer)
- 1-2 cups black beans (again, a can of beans will work)
- 8 oz. green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup lime and garlic salsa
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- Prepare Knorr Rice Sides - Chicken Flavor according to package directions. Stir in corn, beans, green chilies, and salsa.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring frequently, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 4 minutes.
- To serve, arrange rice mixture on plate. Top with chicken and cheese.
Here’s what it looks like when you’re all done –
It’s sweet and spicy and pretty awesome.
Don’t forget to download the Free Recipe BookÂ of quick and easy recipesÂ that Giant Eagle and Knorr have teamed up to bring you. Every single recipe looks delicious!
Knorr Sides are available at Giant Eagle and other grocery stores.
© 2014 – 2016, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.