This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
There is no food on earth that tastes as good as the food you pick from your own garden (or your dad’s garden, as the case was for us today).
This afternoon, we walked to my parents’ house and cut the first asparagus of the season. Less than two hours later, we were eating the tender, buttery stalks (roasted, of course) alongside parmesan crusted chicken breasts.
Everything was perfectly cooked and perfectly fresh and perfectly juicy. It could not have tasted better.
It was the kind of meal that makes you want to overeat because it just tastes so good.
Besides tasting amazing, this recipe is nice because it takes a little less than a half hour to prepare. Including the time we spent washing and chopping the asparagus, we had dinner on the table in less than 45 minutes.
- ½ cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (This is a hard cheese that’s available in the dairy case. It is NOT the stuff in the green can.)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1¼ pounds)
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and cheese.
- Lay the chicken in a single layer on a baking sheet or in a 9×13 pan. Divide the mayonnaise mixture evenly between the four pieces of chicken. Spread it out in an even layer. Sprinkle bread crumbs over top.
- Bake the chicken for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. (Ours cooked for 27 minutes, but they were really thick breasts.)
© 2012 – 2013, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.