This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Breakfast for dinner is comfort food, don’t you think? I do.
This particular recipe includes fruit, making it a wee bit healthier than plain old pancakes.
That might be wishful thinking.
I like to serve these pancakes with an omelet or sausage patties and a dish of diced apples. They are delicious, and pairing them with protein and raw apples makes a perfect dinner.
- 2-3 apples
- 1-2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup prepared pancake mix
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- Butter & Syrup
- Peel and core the apples. Slice into ½” rounds.
- Pour water into a mixing bowl. Add vanilla and pancake mix; whisk until smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place one apple slice in the butter and pour about ¼ cup of pancake mix over top, until it just covers the apple slice.
- Cook pancake until bubbles begin to form and edges dry out. Flip. Sprinkle with cinnamon and cook another minute or two.
- When pan begins to dry, add remaining butter and melt in the skillet.
- Serve with additional butter and syrup.
© 2012 – 2013, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.