This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
For party food, few things are as easy to prepare or as tasty as dips. This dip in particular is really simple to prepare, and it is always a big hit.
You know me. I could eat the whole thing for supper. Or lunch.
Any time, really.
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (This is a typical block of cream cheese. I prefer the 30% less fat kind.)
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ¾ cup grated fresh Parmesan (This is not the stuff in the green can! You need some real cheese that has been grated. You can usually find already grated Parmesan in small plastic tubs in the dairy case, near the shredded cheese, or small blocks of Parmesan in the grocery store deli that you can grate yourself using a cheese grater. Typically, the pre-grated cheese is a little less expensive per ounce; the blocks of Parmesan are an imported, specialty product.)
- 8 ounces pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- A garnish – ¼ cup chopped black olives and/or sliced mushrooms (You could also use diced green bell pepper, sliced green onions, diced ham, diced pepperoni, or whatever topping you like on your pizza.)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Soften cream cheese by placing it in a microwave-safe bowl and zapping it for 30 seconds. If it’s not soft enough, zap it for another 30 seconds. You want soft cream cheese, not melted cream cheese. Remember that microwaves can vary, so use your judgement according to your own machine.
- Add Italian Seasoning to the bowl and mix well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a small baking dish.
- In a second small bowl, combine mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with pizza sauce, spreading evenly to the edges, then sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese mixture.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly. Top with garnish. Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.
© 2011 – 2013, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.