This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Yesterday, I shared ideas for food gifts you could make and give for Valentine’s Day.
Continuing with my theme of homemade gifts, I want to share valentine items you can make to decorate your own home or give as a gift to decorate someone else’s home.
Gifts for the Home
*The name of each project is linked to the tutorial.
- Heart garland - This is really simple to make (Have a heart-shaped paper punch and a spool of thread? You’ve got all the materials!) and allows you to recycle an old magazine. I think these would be nice strung across mirrors, fish tanks, windows, fire places, and a plethora of other spots in many houses.
- Glass pebble heart wreath - At first glance, this looks like it’s made of those little plastic tri-beads, doesn’t it? It’s actually much bigger than those tri-beads. It’s a full-sized wreath covered with cellophane and glass circles. The result is beautiful, don’t you think?
- Ornament heart wreath – Isn’t this gorgeous? I love wreaths made out of ornaments. One of these days, I’m going to make one.
Probably when my kids are older.
Like in college.
- Fabric heart wreath – Making this wreath involves cutting and tying strips of fabric. I think I made a wreath like that in the Brownie Girl Scouts when I was in the first grade. It didn’t look nearly this nice.
I’d be proud to put this one on my front door, wouldn’t you?
- Pom pom wreath – Since Christmastime, I have had an unnatural obsession with pom poms. I can’t explain it, but pom pom projects are on my radar, and I find them irresistible. This project could get expensive if you didn’t find a source of cheap pom poms, but it looks really easy. You just glue the pom poms onto a wreath form.
- Smothered in Kisses Pillow – I think this is the cutest pillow ever! The crafter used a die-cut machine to make all those itty bitty hearts. I think it would be a pain in the butt to cut them by hand, but that results are worth it.
What are you making this year for Valentine’s Day?
Stop back tomorrow for homemade gifts for children.
© 2011, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.