This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Over the years, I’ve posted quite a few different apple crisp recipes.
- Easy Apple Crisp
- Crunchy Apple Crisp (the first recipe)
- Quick Apple Crisp (the second recipe)
- Grace’s Apple Crisp
I always have to dig through all of them in order to find this particular one. It’s by far my favorite, coming out perfectly every single time we make it. I’ve completely stopped using my other recipes; this one is just too good.
I’ve made this crisp with pears, with peaches, and with apples. It’s always perfect and delicious. If I hadn’t missed cherry season this year, I would have made cherry crisp. That’s my favorite, I think.
- 5-7 large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend, divided
- Arrange apples in a 9×9 or similarly sized round baking dish. (I like to make this in a round dish.) Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of cinnamon over apples.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, nuts, cake mix, sugar, and remaining cinnamon. Mix well, until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the apples.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until crumb is golden brown.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream.
Adapted from a Pampered Chef recipe
© 2010 – 2013, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.