This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
The Weight Release process is difficult. It’s pervasive, and I’m seeing parts of it in everything that I do. It’s often uncomfortable.
I’ve been craving some comfort food.
This Hash Brown Casserole from Weight Watchers’ Cream of the Crop magazine is a healthier, lower fat version of comfort food that tastes as good as the original.
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine, melted
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (32 oz) pkg frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes, (thawed)
- 1 (16 oz) carton fat free sour cream
- 1 (10¾ oz) can condensed reduced-fat reduced-salt cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Cooking spray
- ½ tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, and stir well.
- Spoon mixture into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle paprika evenly over casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until bubbly.
© 2010 – 2013, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.