This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
I didn’t know what to call this recipe.
I was hungry for salad today. On my way home from work, I called Joe, and I asked him to pick up some vegetables and salad fixings so that we could have a nice big dinner salad.
You know what they say about Momma being happy. Joe stopped at the store.
- 6 cups of salad greens – spring mix, spinach, or whatever you like
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 cucumber, sliced and cut in half
- 1 13-oz can of shredded chicken, drained
- 16 ounces of sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- Your favorite balsamic vinaigrette
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Croutons (optional)
- Saute the chicken, mushrooms, and onion in a couple of tablespoons of balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing until onions are translucent and mushrooms are crisp-tender.
- Remove chicken mixture from heat and allow to cool partly.
- Arrange 2-3 cups of greens on a plate. Add carrots and cucumbers.
- Once it’s sufficiently cooled (just enough to not wilt the greens), top the greens with a few spoonfuls of the chicken mixture.
- Add a few croutons and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- Finish with more balsamic vinaigrette dressing and serve.
This made just enough salad for Joe, myself, and Gracie.
Photo by critbe
© 2010 – 2013, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.