This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Joe surprised me with this recipe last week.
He cooked it one night just to pack it in our lunches. It wasn’t left over; we never did eat it for dinner. He just made it for our lunches.
Have I got a good guy or what?
Anyway, I never ate chili like this before, so it was different and very good.
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 30 ounces spicy chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1½ cups Bisquick mix
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ⅔ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- In a 4-quart Dutch Oven, mix chicken and tomato sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in beans and corn. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low.
- In a medium bowl, mix Bisquick mix, cornmeal, and milk until a soft dough forms. Drop dough by 12 spoonfuls onto hot chili. (Do not drop directly into liquid!)
- Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes. Cover; cook 10 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover; cook about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Original photo from Betty Crocker.com
© 2010 – 2013, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.