I’m drooling over the title; aren’t you?
I love deviled eggs. Everyone I know loves deviled eggs.
Around here, a dozen deviled eggs disappears before I even set the plate down.
I found this recipe at the America Egg Board website that I mentioned a few days ago.
I haven’t tried it yet, but I can’t wait to.
- 14 hard cooked eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- ¼ cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or green onion tops
- Carefully peel the eggs; slice each in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks from all eggs. Reserve 24 egg whites. Finely chop remaining 4 whites.
- Mash yolks with fork. Add mayo, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add finely chopped egg whites, bacon, cheese, and onions. Mix well.
- Fill a cake decorator with the egg yolk mixture. Pipe one tablespoon of mixture into each egg white. (Alternately, spoon one heaping tablespoon of mixture into each egg white.)
- Cover and refrigerate eggs to allow flavors to blend.
© 2010 - 2013, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.