I love Buffalo Chicken Dip.
The spicy buffalo wing sauce juxtaposed with the creamy salad dressing renders me incapable of walking away from the table whenever it’s served. It’s a sickness, I think.
The first time I shared a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip, I shared my coworker’s instructions. She uses whole chicken breasts and shreds them before making the dip.
We aren’t quite that put together around here, so when we need shredded chicken, we use canned. I buy Swanson shredded chicken at Sam’s Club, and it’s relatively inexpensive.
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese, softened (I soften cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds. Occasionally, I need to heat it for another 15 seconds in order to soften it nicely.)
- cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 19.5 oz Swanson Premium Chunk Chicken Breast, drained (you could certainly use 18-20 ounces of chicken and shred it yourself)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Tortilla chips or crackers
- Combine cream cheese, hot sauce, and ranch dressing until smooth. Stir in chicken and ½ cup of shredded cheese.
- Spread dip in a 9" round baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350°F. for 20 min. until hot and bubbling. Stir. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
I was not compensated, and I received nothing free in exchange for posting this recipe and information. I just like the dip.
© 2009 – 2013, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.