Easy Thanksgiving Menu

I have been looking forward to Thanksgiving since Labor Day.

We’ve hosted Thanksgiving at our home since the year Joe and I got engaged. I love it.

After we clean our house (a big, stressful job), Thanksgiving preparations are relatively simple. Planning an easy Thanksgiving menu makes a big difference.easy thanksgiving menu

We cook a lot of different foods, but many of them are made ahead and reheated just before dinner. My only Thanksgiving day headache is trying to get everything hot at the same time. It can be tricky, and I have no magic trick to get it right.

In any case, the dishes are easy and most of them stay hot (or cold) long enough that it works itself out.

I love how Joe and I split all of the duties of Thanksgiving. I think our division of labor is one of the main reasons that I love the holiday so much.

Neither of us is overwhelmed with work, and we clear the table right into the dishwasher. By the time we’re all eating dessert, the first load of dishes are clean, and they can be put away.

You can get the entire menu in Your Best Thanksgiving Ever!

Click on over for printable shopping lists, timelines, and all the recipes!

Photo courtesy of basykes on Flickr

© 2009 – 2013, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.

Comments

Yummy – I'm hungry now! We host Thanksgiving too! I've got to check out the crockpot mashed potatoes! We make crockpot stuffing that everybody just loves. And of course, we have waaayyyy too much dessert every year! :)
    Lisa :)

Lisa :)

Your menu sounds delicious. We will be staying home for Thanksgiving. Just hubby and the kids. I love cooking for Thanksgiving! I make a double layer pumpkin pie each year.

Yes! I totally understand that. :) Everything on our list (except for the carrot souffle, which is a recent addition) is a MUST HAVE. 3 pies for 6 people? I can't bear to leave one off. I'd rather send 3/4 of a pie home with someone than not have a slice of each on the big day. Isn't that silly?

I need to get my Thanksgiving menu planned out. This is our second year having Thanksgiving at home and this time friends will be joining us. Yours looks like a great menu & your table is gorgeous!

7. Brenda says

This sounds good. My menu is just whatever my cousin is cooking :) But I will be taking the crock pot mashed potatoes.

I'm making Thanksgiving this year for the first time. It's just me and my parents, but I'll definitely be back for your tips on how to prepare things ahead of time!

9. AllTheLittleStuff says

Great menu!! I make my own cranberry sauce each year and what doesn't get eaten gets dabbled with a bit and ultimately turns into cranberry sorbet. :-)

Thanks for sharing with TATT!

10. PainterMommy says

Oh man, everything sounds great! I am doing Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes w/ marshmallows, corn, and pumpkin pie (store bought kind). I am not a big baker or cook for that matter. I do love to eat though. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

DAWN

11. PainterMommy says

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

DAWN