This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
One of my Christmas season goals is to make special holiday treats with Gracie at least twice.
I’m a little embarrassed to say this, but the most raved about ookie we’ve shared the last couple of years was actually a pre-made dough from the dairy case of the grocery store.
The horrors! The horrors!
I always get a little anxious when someone asks for the recipe, but really, there’s no shame in buying premade cookie dough. It tastes good or else they wouldn’t sell it.
Grace likes to use a mini scoop to portion out the cookies onto the cookie sheet.
Unfortunately, using pre-made cookie dough cuts out a lot of the fun of cooking with Grace – letting her try to crack eggs, measuring together, stirring, and using the mixer. I like doing that stuff together.
Here are a few recipes that I like. I will probably use some of them this year.
- Double Chocolate Candy Corn Cookies – Obviously, they won’t have candy corn in them. We’ll replace it with something else. Maybe Christmas M&Ms? Or maybe something like little tree candies. Or something.
- Peanut Butter Marshmallow Fudge – This would be cut into squares.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Grace’s Kitchen Friends
Please join in Grace’s Kitchen Friends! To play along, all you have to do is fill out MckLinky below. You can link up any post that talks about kids and food:
- feeding kids
- cooking with kids
- kids’ nutrition
- play with food or play kitchens
- crafts with or about food
- There are a lot of other kids and food things I haven’t listed (like growing food with kids or fun recipes that kids love!), so please don’t feel limited.
I’m easy like that, Dear Reader. The only thing I ask is that you link back here to Grace’s Kitchen Friends in your post. I can’t wait to see what your kids are doing!
Photo courtesy of KevyGee on Flickr
© 2009 – 2013, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.