This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
I had this cake in a restaurant once, and I vowed to figure it out. Figure it out, I did.
I love orange flavors, and I especially like them with chocolate. See my chocolate addition (especially for Halloween) below the recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 1 vanilla or yellow cake mix
- 1 can orange pop
- 2 packages orange gelatin
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix cake mix with orange pop and eggs.
- Prepare 9X13 cake pan by spraying with non-stick spray or rubbing pan with butter.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake 20 -30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When cake is done, poke holes in the cake with fork that has been sprayed with non-stick spray or rubbed with butter.
- Dissolve 1 package of orange jello in 1 cup of hot water. Add 1 cup of cold water, stir.
- Pour entire mixture over the cake. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Mix vanilla pudding mix and the other pack of jello (dry) together. Add milk and vanilla. Mix well. Whisk in thawed whipped topping. Use this mixture to frost the cake.
Halloween Twist on the Orange Dreamsicle Cake
Wouldn’t it be great to use a chocolate ganache similar to the one in this recipe to cover the orange frosting? You could top it with Halloween Oreos, and you have a gorgeous holiday-themed dessert.
Sounds like a good excuse to have people over this weekend, doesn’t it?
Photo by Sevenmarie on Flickr
© 2009 – 2013, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.