This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Grace loves ranch dressing, and Hidden Valley is my particular favorite brand. I was recently poking around the Hidden Valley Ranch website when I found a free cookbook called Original Bites.
It’s still there, so you can hop over and download it, too.
We have tried a few of the recipes in the book, and we loved them. We haven’t tried the following recipe yet, but it is next on our list. I can’t wait!
- 1 packet (1 ounce) Hidden Valley Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 8-ounce tubes (8-count each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- ¼ pound (6 to 8 slices) Muenster cheese, sliced *I don’t like Muenster, so I would use cheddar or colby jack instead.
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, loosely packed (2 ounces)
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat a 13” x 9” glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine Ranch mix and chicken, stirring to coat. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside until needed.
- Unroll one tube of crescent rolls in the baking dish. Firmly pinch together perforations and pat dough as necessary to fit bottom of dish. Place sliced cheese, covering all dough.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken evenly over cheese. Layer spinach evenly over chicken.
- In medium bowl, beat 3 eggs, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Pour evenly over layers.
- Unroll second tube of crescent rolls over the top of layered ingredients. Press perforations to seal and stretch to fit. Brush beaten egg yolk over dough. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into squares. Serve warm.
© 2009 – 2013, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.