Did you notice that Things to Write Home About had gone on a summer hiatus, Dear Reader?
It was completely unintentional, but I just didn’t seem to be able to find the time to write and post it every week.
Especially since I spent the first half of the summer recovering from a back injury and the second half of the summer recovering from BlogHer. This has been the shortest summer of my entire life.
Anyway, Things to Write Home About is back, and it’s here to stay. I love reading blogs, and I love featuring my fellow bloggers. We are an amazing community with many talents. Here are a few:
- Danelle from Homemaker Barbi posted fun chores for toddlers, and I’m proud to say that Grace does most of those things at our house.
- Someone sent me this To Do list on Twitter, and it’s an inspirational gem. 25 Things Everyone Should Do Every Day
- Summer is drawing to a close, but you can still use these 75 tricks to get your kids outdoors that Diana posted at DIY Life
- Pepper Paints posted instructions for making your own finger paints
- Allie at No Time for Flashcards posted instructions for helping your kids make a play mailbox
- I met Kristen from Dine & Dish at BlogHer. She is fabulous, and I love her blog. She posted a recipe for Oven Ham Sammies
- Amy from Let’s Explore posted Lazy Summer Lunches which could be called Lunches Young Kids can make
- Jo-Lynne from Musings of a Housewife talked about what she’s learned from Food Network
- Jenn at Frugal Upstate posted her recipe for overnight French Toast casserole
- Danelle from Homemaker Barbi posted copycat restaurant recipes
- Mandy at Little Birdie Secrets posted gourmet pizza recipes
- Jen at A Thrifty Home posted instructions for cleaning your dishwasher with Kool-Aid
- Asha at Parent Hacks posted a tip to help organize your cleaning with an agenda
- Jamie at Steady Mom posted about intentional cleaning
- Tsh at Simple Mom reminded us to use our good stuff instead of letting it go to waste in a drawer
Homespun: Crafts & Other Projects
- Chris at Mama Americana posted an Ikea hack play kitchen
- Gloriana from A Mingled Yarn posted instructions for a Hip Mama Diaper Bag
- Stefani from Blue Yonder posted instructions for bandana pants
- House on Hill Road posted a Sunny Day Dress Tutorial
- Jen at Red Instead Blog posted a pillowcase dress tutorial
If you are featured above (or were featured during any past week), please feel free to grab the follow code and post the badge on your site:
Have you post something this week that was worth writing Home about? Send me the link, and maybe you’ll see it here next Sunday!
Don’t forget to stop back on Thursday for Grace’s Kitchen!
© 2009 – 2014, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.