This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Are you wondering how to reach out to PR professionals?
Do you feel intimidated by all of the PR talk going on in the blogosphere these days?
Would you like to have your blog noticed by top-notch PR professionals?
This is your opportunity. Public relations is about relationships. Coincidentally, blogging is about relationships, too. You already have the skills; Adrienne and I would like to help you to create and foster the relationships.
Adrienne and I have done some networking on your behalf. We know some terrific PR professionals, and we know that there are many more terrific professionals that we’ve never met.
Who should participate in the Spotlight on PR?
Some bloggers don’t want to work with PR professionals, and that’s their prerogative. Some bloggers are overwhelmed by PR contacts and pitches, and they can’t take on anything else. They should not get involved.
Some bloggers really want to work with PR professionals, but they don’t know how to get the conversation started. Some bloggers are having awesome conversations with PR, but they would like to expand their networks.
If you’re in one of these groups, the Spotlight on PR is for you. The Spotlight on PR will run for the entire month of August here on Feels Like Home and on Adrienne’s House, so there are plenty of opportunities to get involved.
How do I participate in the Spotlight on PR?
1. If you would like to get involved in the conversation, write a post on your blog in which you introduce yourself, your blog, and your interests.
- Are there certain fields you’d like to get into – or not get into?
- Do you want to try your hand at a product review because you’ve never done one before?
- Are you not at all interested in product reviews, but would like to interview a pro-blogger PR professional?
- Make sure there is a way for PR professionals to contact you directly.
3. Come back here or go to Adrienne’s House and leave the direct link to your post in MckLinky. (The same MckLinky will show up in both places, so you only need to link up once.) Please do this by Friday, August 7. Because the bloggers’ response was so great, we are going to leave the Spotlight on PR open for new participants for an extra week. Please link up by midnight on August 15. 11 pm on August 18.
Leave your link in one of these forms:
- Tara @ Feels Like Home (Interviews only)
- Adrienne @ Adrienne’s House (Interviews or product reviews)
- Tara @ Feels Like Home (Product reviews)
- Adrienne @ Adrienne’s House (Product reviews – food only)
4. If a PR professional is interested in working with you for an interview, a product review, or simply to start a conversation, he or she will contact you.
5. We can’t guarantee that everyone will be contacted for this event, but you will have put yourself out there. You will have started the conversation. If you do a product review or an interview, please come back beginning on August 8 and leave the direct link to your post so that we can all congratulate you on your hard work.
Please remember to Blog with Intergrity
Please don’t participate if you’re already overwhelmed with projects.
If you are writing a product review or doing an interview, and you get stuck, feel free to contact me or Adrienne on our blogs, by email, or on Twitter.
Spotlight on PR button created and donated by Mariana at Riding With No Hands
© 2009, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.