What’s better than having fresh, delicious Sara Lee Soft & Smooth buns for your picnic?
Have free Sara Lee Soft & Smooth buns for your picnic!
Sara Lee is going to send 5 packs of Sara Lee Soft & Smooth Wheat Hot Dog Buns and 5 packs of Soft & Smooth Wheat Hamburger Buns one lucky Feels like Home Recommends reader’s 4th of July picnic.
But what if you don’t use all 80 buns? What then?
Sara Lee Chef, Catherin DeOrio, gave me a few suggestions to use up leftover buns (and I added a few of my own).
French Toast Sticks
- Cut each Sara Lee Soft & Smooth Wheat Hot Dog Buns in half and then cut each piece in half along the perforated edge
- Whisk together 4 large eggs, 6 tablespoons of milk, 2/3 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract in a shallow dish. Dip bun pieces in egg mixture, allowing them to become saturated, and pan fry til golden.
- Optionally, spread them with cream cheese and jam to make stuffed French Toast
Mom’s French Toast Casserole
- This awesome recipe requires a pound of bread, cubed. You could cut up Sara Lee Soft & Smooth Wheat Hot Dog or Hamburger Buns.
- Cut Sara Lee Soft & Smooth Wheat Hot Dog Buns in half along the perforated edge
- Brush with olive oil and pressed garlic
- Bake at 350 until crispy and toasted
- Top with diced tomatoes and fresh basil, cut into thin strips
Mini Homemade Pizzas
- Cut Sara Lee Soft & Smooth Wheat Hamburger Buns in half along the perforated edge, each half will be a pizza crust
- Spread crust with pizza sauce and sprinkle with oregano
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake at 350 until cheese is melted and crust is crispy
- Make a fruit compote: In a large saucepan, combine 1 pint blackberries, 2 pints raspberries, 2 pints blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar, and 3 tablespoons lemon juice. Simmer until the fruit begins to soften, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Beginning with the hamburger buns, alternate layers of Sara Lee Soft & Smooth Wheat Hamburger Buns with the cooled berry compote in a trifle bowl (or any glass flat-bottomed bowl).
- Refrigerate until the juices from the berry compote have saturated the bread.
- Serve with whipped cream.
To enter: Tell us what you’re planning to serve at your 4th of July picnic.
For extra entries:
- Tweet about this giveaway and leave the URL for the Tweet in the comments. You may do this daily.
- Write about this giveaway on your blog, including Feels like Home and Sara Lee Soft & Smooth. Leave the URL in a comment.
- Post my button on your sidebar. Report the URL for your site in a comment.
- Subscribe to the Feels like Home Recommends and/or Feels like Home main feed and report it in a comment.
- Fave Feels like Home on Technorati and report it in a comment, including your Technorati username.
Hurry! Iâ€™ll use Random.org to choose a winner some time after 8:00 am on June 29, 2009.
© 2009 – 2014, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.