Swimming Lessons

Since our crash, Grace has been much more fearful than normal.

Prior to the crash, I had enrolled us in swimming classes. I didn’t know what to expect, but I thought it would be fun.

It probably will be fun. I hope.

I started preparing Grace for the swimming lesson a week ahead of time.

Me: Grace, we’re going swimming on Sunday!

Grace: No. No swimming. Grace no swim.

Me: {sigh}

Sunday came, and we went to the pool. In the middle of putting her swimsuit on, Grace left the dressing room. She simply ran away.

Fortunately, her daddy intercepted her just outside of the ladies’ dressing room.

We waited fifteen minutes until it was our turn to swim, and Grace got exited. She saw other babies (smaller than her) who were enjoying their swimming class.

I am the master of the self family portrait, non?

I am the master of the self family portrait, non?

Grace’s quasi smile quickly faded the moment she hit the water.

Fortunately, about half of the 2-year-olds had a sudden aversion to water, so we weren’t the only parents trying to calm a tantrum.

I was secretly delighted to be swimming with Grace. I could hold her with no back pain at all. I could’ve stayed in the pool all evening cuddling with my Pumpkin.

We went bobbing across the pool to fetch a ball Grace spied, and she was suddenly delighted to be swimming.

Boing, boing, boing!

Mama, Mama, boinging like bunnies!

p6070655

So delighted that she threw another fit when we had to get out.

Gracie want swimming!

There were tears.

Such is life as a toddler, I guess.

Happily submitted to Wordless Wednesday, 5 minutes for Mom, The Not-So-Blog Blog, Wordful Wednesday, Go Graham Go, Mom of 3 Girls, Newlyweds!, What’s that Smell?, The Coupon Coup, Mommy Bits, Pink, Like the Color, A Thousand Words Thursday, Things I Love Thursday, Show and Tell Friday,PhotoStory FridayHosted by Cecily and MamaGeek, Friday’s Foto Finish Fiesta, Hooked on Fridays, and Beautiful Life Friday

© 2009 – 2012, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.

Comments

1. MushaMommy says

Its nice to start ‘em young. My son started swimming at 2 1/2 and he also hated the water first.. Now, he’s waterbaby..:)

MushaMommy’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday5

2. Laura says

How fun! Glad she ended up liking it. Our girls start their swimming lessons next week.

Laura’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday – Taking a Break

3. Brenda says

Swimming lessons are so important, good for you!

Brenda’s last blog post..Wake Up Note for Wordless Wednesday

4. MushaMommy says

MushaMommy’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday5

5. Laura says

Laura’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday – Taking a Break

That is sweet! My little one didn’t like the water at first either (cause it’s a bit colder than she wants) but after awhile, she really enjoyed the pool!

Sab’s last blog post..Sleepless Nights

7. Brenda says

Swimming lessons are so important, good for you!

Brenda’s last blog post..Wake Up Note for Wordless Wednesday

8. Jenn @ The Coupon Coup says

Oh I’m so glad she had fun!! And I know what you mean about playing with the kids in the water… with this pregnancy I’m not able to rough and tumble play..or even pick up my 3.5 yo… we went swimming a few weeks back and he could jump to me and I could hold him and play…it was GREAT!

Jenn @ The Coupon Coup’s last blog post..Organic Juice at Kroger

9. Jenn @ The Coupon Coup says

Jenn @ The Coupon Coup’s last blog post..Organic Juice at Kroger

Don’t ya just love that when the DON’T want to do something and they fight you about it and then they decide to do it and fight you because they don’t want to stop? This happens to us all the time.

But boy am I jealous. I would love to do swimming lessons with the kids someday. You are so right for starting her early.

Have an awesome day!

DAWN

Dawn (Painter Mommy)’s last blog post..Happy 5th Birthday to my Firstborn

Have an awesome day!

DAWN

Dawn (Painter Mommy)’s last blog post..Happy 5th Birthday to my Firstborn

12. Chie says

Hope the swimming lesson goes well.

Anyways, toddlers love water, she’ll handle it everytime you go swimming.

Good luck n have a blissful w/end!

Chie’s last blog post..BEAUTIFUL LIFE ON MY FREAKY DAY

13. Chie says

Hope the swimming lesson goes well.

Anyways, toddlers love water, she’ll handle it everytime you go swimming.

Good luck n have a blissful w/end!

Chie’s last blog post..BEAUTIFUL LIFE ON MY FREAKY DAY

Hi, I popped into visit from Family Friday at Homemaker Barbi, and enjoyed visiting various posts on your site. These adorable pictures reminded me of Mommy & Me classes in the water with my babies. Now my babies are all grown up and I get to keep having fun in the water with my grandbabies! Thanks for some fun memories :)

I also enjoyed reading your recipe for bread for the breadmaker. I’m going to have to give that a try! :)

Kaye – SandwichINK’s last blog post..Rainy Day + Chuck E. Cheese = Happy Grandkids & Grandparents!

16. Bobbie says

What a sweet baby she is, I am so glad she found her water wings! You both look so joyful in each others arms. What a special gift that was to you. And may I add….I love your tat!
    Because of Jesus, Bobbie