Things to Write Home About – 5/3/09

The gems I found this week:

Homegrown: Advice on Parenting & Families

Home Cooking: Recipes & Kitchen Tips

Homemaking: Keeping Your House Running

• We are suddenly buying a new car. (The whole story to follow, maybe one day this week.) It’s going to require some big changes in our finances and lifestyle, so I spent today re-reading some of my favorite budgeting and money management advice from Amy at Mom Advice: Getting Out of Debt & Budgeting Basics and Tsh at Simple Mom: Money Management 101 & Keep Your Spending Tidy with an Envelope System.
  • Katherine Marie Photography shared inspiring pictures of home organization projects including how to organize art supplies
  • Katie from Making This Home wrote about how her family can afford to live in Europe
  • Danelle at Homemaker Barbi shared tips for removing common stains from clothing and household fabrics

Homespun: Crafts & Other Projects

Do you have a great craft idea that involves a 1/4 yard of fabric or a fat quarter? I’m always looking for some! Send them my way, please!

If you are featured above (or were featured during any past week), please feel free to grab the follow code and post the badge on your site:

Feels like Home

Have you post something this week that was worth writing Home about? Send me the link, and maybe you’ll see it here next Sunday!

Don’t forget to stop back on Thursday for Grace’s Kitchen!

© 2009 – 2014, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.

Comments

1. Cindi @ Moomettesgram's Favorite Recipes says

Thanks for the linky luv!

Cindi @ Moomettesgram’s Favorite Recipes’s last blog post..Mushroom Garlic Parmesan Potatoes – Crock Pot

2. Cindi @ Moomettesgram's Favori says

Thanks for the linky luv!

I made the $5 Dinner recipe yesterday – it was YUMMY!!! Made a few changes, but the flavors are amazing.

Not that I’m terribly crafty, but you could make yo-yo’s with the fat qtrs, then make a baby doll blanket, or table runner, or a quilt. Ladies at our church are making a yo-yo quilt and have conscripted the rest of us into service to help make yo-yos. Not like I have time for that!

Heather – I know. :) I clicked on the link in your Tweet. That’s how I found the site. Thanks for sharing it!

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ’0 which is not a hashcash value.

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ’0 which is not a hashcash value.

Lisa – I have a little trick for collecting my links. All week, every time I read something that is great, I bookmark it in Delicious with the tag “ThingsToWriteHomeAbout.” On Sunday, when it’s time to write, I just open my Delicious, click all of the links, and compose the post. It’s a lot easier than I used to do it.

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ’0 which is not a hashcash value.

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ’0 which is not a hashcash value.