This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
The gems I found this week:
- Alli, also known as Mrs. Fussypants, proposed that we all attempt a complaint free week. It’s harder than it sounds, and I thought it sounded almost impossible. I’m still working on my week.
- Wendy Strgar was a guest author at Blissfully Domestic last week, discussing how the 5% rule can change your marriage
- Sue from 5 Minutes for Mom has a small daughter who believes that God is a superhero
- Frugal Dad has had enough
- Liz Jenkins posted great gifts for kids that don’t involve more stuff at Small Notebook
- Tsh, the original Simple Mom, posted cheap toys for young children, and you won’t find most of them in the toy aisle
- Amy at Living Locurto posted day of the week tags to help young children take responsibility for dressing themselves. (I found this link at MomAdvice. Thanks, Amy!)
- Robyn at Robyn’s Online World posted a recipe for artichoke pasta salad
- Gaby at What’s Gaby Cooking shared her dad’s infamous grilled cheese sandwich recipe
- Rachel from A Southern Fairytale also posted a awesome recipe for grilled cheese
- Elissa at 17 and Baking posted peanut butter and chocolate chunk muffins
- Dana, The Homesteading Housewife, posted a recipe for homemade hamburger and hot dog buns using a breadmaker at her food blog, Craving Comfort
- Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam posted an illustrated tutorial for apple coffee cake
- Sarah at Sarah’s Cucina Bella posted a recipe for carmelized bananas. Sarah served them on French toast, but I can think of about fifteen other things I’d like them served on or with.
- Tina from Mommy’s Kitchen posted a recipe for orange coffee cake
- Jenna at Newlyweds! posted a recipe for Texas lasagna
- Lea Ann from Mommy’s Wish List told us about a free Home Depot gardening class – and it’s just for women!
- Tip Junkie posted a list of home organization projects from around the blogosphere at Blissfully Domestic
- Melissa from The Inspired Room posted a tutorial for making your own home organization notebook at Blissfully Domestic
- Sara at whimsies & whatnots painted her kitchen counters. I hate my counters, so there may be a project in my future.
- Allie at No Time for Flashcards posted ways to recycle your plastic Easter eggs. Are yours still hanging around? Re-purpose them!
- Allie from No Time for Flashcards also posted a round up of her favorite projects using recycled materials
- Jodie at Crafty Lil Momma posted a tutorial for making paper silhouettes of your children to hang on the wall
- Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick made a sofa table for under $20
- The Farm Chicks created a cute babydoll-style top
Do you have a great craft idea that involves a 1/4 yard of fabric or a fat quarter? I’m always looking for some! Send them my way, please!
If you are featured above (or were featured during any past week), please feel free to grab the follow code and post the badge on your site:
Have you post something this week that was worth writing Home about? Send me the link, and maybe you’ll see it here next Sunday!
Don’t forget to stop back on Thursday for Grace’s Kitchen!
© 2009 – 2013, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.