I was so busy cooking and writing about cooking last week that I missed my weekly Things to Write Home About post. I apologize, Dear Reader.
This week’s Things to Write Home About is super sized to make up for my oversight. I hope you’ll forgive me.
The gems I found this week:
- Amber at Strocel talked about her magic thinking jar (and it was inspired by Brook’s magical thinking jar from Inchmark)
- Michelle at What’s Cooking Blog discussed four reason that we should cook with our kids
- Alisa posted 26 things no one warned you about being a parent at Happily Ever After
- Tsh from Simple Mom talked about the importance of family rituals
- Ali Hale suggests scheduling your leisure time on Dumb Little Man
- Alli at Mrs. Fussypants wrote about having a big family – and deciding not to make it any bigger
- Rachel at Small Notebook shared a bunch of miscellaneous Q&A regarding children
- Amy from Mom Advice shared a recipe for roast green beans
- Tsh at SimpleMom shared a recipe for the easiest brownie recipe ever
- Kathy Freston shared the breathtaking effects of becoming a vegetarian on The Huffington Post
- Heather from The Spohrs are Multiplying posted a neat April Fool’s Day trick
- Jessie at The Hungry Mouse posted a recipe for eggplant fries
- Jo at The Adventures of Kitchen Girl shared St. Andre and crab stuffed portabello mushrooms
- Dan at Food Proof shared Cadbury cream egg filled chocolate cupcakes
- Marie at Make and Takes shared Cadbury creme filled cookies
- Kevin at Closet Cooking posted jalepeno popper dip. Another version is posted at evil shenanigans.
- Cate at Sweetnicks posted creme brulee French toast
- Sarah at Cucina Bella posted French Toasted apple grilled cheese
- Amy at Living Locurto posted a weekly meal plan containing five amazing recipes
- Elise at Simply Recipes posted a quick and easy way to soften butter
- Amanda at Amanda’s Cooking posted a brownie cheesecake mosaic
- Robin shared 17 tips that will make your life easier and Kim Cocette posted suggestions for reclaiming your garage, both at Heart at Home
- Renee from Fun in My Backyard talked about her family’s spring garden
- Caroline from Pink Lemonade Bags shared pictures of her sewing studio
- Sara Barton posted the ultimate spring cleaning how-to list at Blissfully Domestic
- Danelle at Homemaker Barbi posted 13 ways to bring spring into your home
- Claire guest posted The Most Important Item on your Expense List at Deal Seeking Mom
- Allie at No Time for Flashcards posted a candle made from recycled crayons
- Heather at Heather’s Hodge Pogde posted a tutorial for a DIY kitchen island
- Lynette from If that Was Dinner I Guess We’ve Had It posted suggestions for dying eggs with natural dyes
- Amy at The Crunchy Domestic Goddess posted how to dye eggs naturally
- Cindy at The Small Homestead posted frugal ways to dye eggs
- Jayne at The Barefoot Kitchen Witch posted a tutorial for Chinses tea eggs
- Teresa at Patchwork posted instructions for a take along placemat
- Ellen from The Long Thread posted a tutorial for making a bunny (or mouse) bowling set
Do you have a great craft idea that involves a 1/4 yard of fabric or a fat quarter? I’m always looking for some! Send them my way, please!
If you are featured above (or were featured during any past week), please feel free to grab the follow code and post the badge on your site:
Have you post something this week that was worth writing Home about? Send me the link, and maybe you’ll see it here next Sunday!
Don’t forget to stop back on Thursday for Grace’s Kitchen!
© 2009 – 2012, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.