Joe and I are hosting Easter dinner this year.Â We considered serving some of our Thanksgiving favorites, but we settled instead on the following. Hereâ€™s what we’ll be serving:
- Sparkling cider
- A relish tray with black olives, stuffed green olives, and deviled eggs
- A ham, prepared by my father-in-law
- Kielbasa – also prepared by my father-in-law
- Kugeli – a traditional Lithunian potato casserole, prepared by my mother- and father-in-law (I’ll share the recipe for this if I can get it.)
- Asparagus Mimosa Salad
- Leek tart – a recipe I found at a blog called A Storm of Thoughts
- Carrot souffle – a recipe I saw on Foodie Mama
- Grandâ€™s really big flaky buttered biscuits served with real butter and homemade jam – I know theyâ€™re cheating, but my Dad loves them.
- Tropical cheesecake – an orange cheesecake with a chocolate frosting and orange mango pineapple puree on top (I’ll share the recipe for this later on this month.)
I’ll let you know how it goes on Sunday or Monday.
Donâ€™t forget to stop back on Thursday for Graceâ€™s Kitchen!
© 2009 – 2016, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.