Frugal Fun – Packing Material

I received a package today. Nevermind what was inside; it was for a review, so you’ll see soon enough over at Feels like Home Recommends.p4230466

As soon as she saw the packing peanuts, Grace squealed with delight. She came running over to me at the couch with a single finger raised in the air.

Present for Gracie? she asked me.

Sure, yeah. A present for Gracie. I replied. As soon as I’d given my permission, Grace began tossing the toys from her toy box and stuffing it with styrofoam peanuts instead.

I wish I’d have thought to get out my video camera. She was squealing and laughing and shuffling styrofoam from one box to another and back again.p4230469

Eventually, all of the styrofoam ended up on the floor. Joe picked it all up and put it in the toy box, and Gracie jumped into the toy box and spread it back out all over the living room. This happened several times until I convinced Joe to leave the styrofoam on the floor.

After she’d had her fill of playing with the peanuts, Gracie found a book to read – and sat down in the peanuts to read it.

All told, we must have played with these things for two or three hours. It was the best free toy we’ve ever had.

The clean up was a pain in the neck, but the fun we had was entirely worth it.

Styrofoam peanuts were everywhere.

Did you know that styrofoam peanuts collect static and stick to stuff?

Did you know that styrofoam peanuts collect static and stick to stuff?

Styrofoam peanuts were everywhere.

Happily submitted to Frugal Fridays, Show and Tell Fridays, Show and Tell Fridays, and PhotoStory Friday

Don’t forget to stop back on Thursday for Grace’s Kitchen!

© 2009 – 2011, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.

Comments

hate hate hate that type of packing material. I prefer the cornstarch which is biodegradable and doesnt crunch up, stick to everything, and attract kids like magnets. At least your daughter looked just adorable and you had fun with it. I must just be a party pooper!.

MK uses the biodegradable peanuts and LB loves to play with them every time I get a product shipment. They drive me nuts. Even though they don’t get static-y, they stick to the bottom of my bare feet – hate that! But LB loves the fun!

your daughter is adorable! I do that too, but I have to make sure we vaccuum everything and keep them out of sight after. Or else those things will never disappear. The kids won’t stop playing with them. =)