Have you noticed the construction around the Feels like Home blog, Dear Reader? There’s been plenty.
I have successfully moved my blog from one host to another in preparation for some exciting improvements. Unfortunately, it means that some links will be broken, my address is different, and my buttons are missing. All of this is temporary, though, and should be fixed by Valentine’s Day.
http://Feelslikehomeblog.com will continue to send you to me no matter what, so please don’t change your bookmarks or links or anything crazy, okay?
Trust me, Dear Reader, good things are in store! If you have feedback about any change that I’ve made (or that I’ll make in the future), send me an email or leave a comment. I love to hear from you.
Without further ado, here are this weekâ€™s gems! I hope you find something useful!
Homegrown: Advice on Parenting & Families
- Andrea at Crazy Jugs is starting a new column about manners (and some people’s painful lack thereof)
- Lisa at Blessed by Grace talks about sharing her love of music with her daughter
- Amanda at kiddio posted a list of Valentine’s freebies. Celebrating your relationships with your kids doesn’t have to cost anything, you know.
- Mary Anne at Simple Marriage posted a warning about the four marriage killers
Home Cooking: Recipes & Kitchen Tips
- My good friend, Heather from Not a DIY Life, posted a healthy recipe for chocolate muffins at her food blog, On Pans and Kneadles
- Sarah from Sarah’s Cucina Bella posted a recipe for Olive Oil Bread in the bread machine
- Homemaker Barbi posted a Tex-Mex menu plan, complete with a shopping list and schedule of recipes
- Dana, The Homesteading Housewife, has recipes for quesadilla burgers and spicy sweet roasted sweet potatoes
Homemaking: Keeping Your House Running
- Amy, the Crunchy Domestic Goddess, talked about how to start an organic food co-op
- Homemaker Barbi also posted a list of 13 things you haven’t cleaned in 6 months. I won’t tell if you won’t.
- Laurie at Tip Junkie featured a whole bunch of organizing ideas this week
- Rachel at Small Notebook has a list of simple home improvement projects that anyone can do
Homespun: Crafts & Other Projects
- I have been on a craft kick the last week or two. I’m a sewing fiend; I have lots of fat quarters, and I want to use them. You’re going to see some of my most recent projects this week, but in the meantime, you can read about Fat Quarters in this article by Kristen at Sew Mama Sew!
- I intend to make the dishtowel apron that Randi posted at I Have to Say for Gracie Anna
- I also intend to make the recycled bath mat that Meg posted at Montessori by Hand
- I’m thinking about making the mini wallet that Blissful posted
- Caitlin posted instructions for making a fabric bucket at
- I love the Lotus Bag that Lindie posted at Craft Apple
- Angela posted some terrific personalized Valentine’s Day projects for toddlers at Suite101
Do you have a great craft idea that involves a 1/4 yard of fabric or a fat quarter? I’m looking for some! Send them my way, please!
Have you post something this week that was worth writing Home about? Send me the link, and maybe youâ€™ll see it here next Sunday!
© 2009 – 2016, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.