The Steelers won the Super Bowl!
Let’s celebrate by having pierogies for supper tonight, shall we? Try one of the following methods to prepare your pierogies, or leave a new method or recipe in the comments below.
- One box of pierogies
- 2 or 3 large onions, sliced into rounds
- 3 or 4 tablespoons of butter
- Boil the pierogies as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium skillet and saute the onions over medium heat.
- Drain the pierogies and add them to the skillet. Saute until the pierogies are just browned.
- Boil the pierogies according to package directions. Drain.
- Toss hot pierogies with olive oil, fresh parsley, basil, and finely chopped garlic.
- Sprinkle pierogies with paprika and cayenne pepper.
- 1 box pierogies
- Ham cubes
- Broccoli florets
- 1 26-oz jar commercial Alfredo or Cheese sauce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Bread crumbs
- Combine the frozen pierogies with pre-cooked ham cubes, broccoli florets, and cherry tomatoes in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Pour alfredo or cheese sauce over other ingredients. Stir.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 350.
- 1 medium head of cabbage shredded
- 2 chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 stick butter
- 2 boxes pierogies, cooked
- Cook cabbage and onion in oil until tender and lightly browned.
- Add seasoning and butter to skillet.
- Add pierogies. Saute until pierogies are browned.
Pierogies Alfredo and Pierogy Haluski recipes courtesy of Mrs. T’s pierogies
© 2009 – 2012, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.