This past weekend, we made some mostly homemade pizza, and it was delicious.
You’ve heard me say this before, and I’ll say it again. I love cooking from scratch, but sometimes totally homemade food just isn’t possible.
We had a busy weekend. Joe was building a pantry cupboard for our kitchen. In the kitchen. As you might imagine, it was tough to get around in there and cook, and we ended up eating a lot of convenience foods. It was better than eating out, for sure.
This pizza was the best one I’ve had in months. We are planning to make it again this week.
- 1 can (11 oz.) PillsburyÂ® refrigerated thin pizza crust
- cup ranch dressing*
- 12 oz chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 4 slices crisply cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped and sauteed
- 1 large plum (Roma) tomato, seeded, chopped
- 1-2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 400Â°F.
- Spray or grease 15x10-inch or larger dark or nonstick cookie sheet.
- Unroll dough on cookie sheet; starting at center, press dough into a large rectangle.
- Spread ranch dressing evenly over dough. Top with remaining ingredients.
- Bake 13 to 16 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
© 2009 – 2012, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.