This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Sorry, Dear Readers, but the comments will be moderated until further notice. The up side is that you won’t have to do that dumb letter recognition thing anymore, but your comments won’t appear right away.
I’ve had a request for a button – something like “Featured on Things to Write Home About.” What do you think?
I have a lot of gems to share this week, Dear Reader, partly because it’s been two weeks since I last posted my notes. I hope you enjoy them!
- This isn’t a blog, but I was delighted to find dozens of free Sesame Street videos online. You can even search by your favorite character. You know, for those times when your kid says “ErnieErnieErnieErnie,” or some such phrase.
- PhD in Parenting has an overview of Attachment Parenting
- Tami at OhDeeOh has a great photo gallery of Do-It-Yourself play kitchens, a topic obviously close to my heart
- Alli at Mrs. Fussypants shared suggestions for spoiling your children (not a typo – go read the article; it’s great)
- Amy, the ResourcefulMommy, posted an informative article about being a Work At Home Mom at Women’s Wellness and Integrated Social Health
- Robyn at Robyn’s Online World posted a beautiful tribute to her Grandma
- Heather at Maternal Spark posted a nice list of quotes from moms
- Megan at Not Martha posted an illustrated tutorial for Jello fruit slices, and Jenny at The Reckless Chef made them into Jello shooters.
- the Lylah blog reminds us about the dirty dozen – foods that you should always buy organic
- Diana at Cookerati posted a recipe for Orange Pudding Cakes that looks divine
- Stef at The Cupcake Project posted a recipe for Homemade Graham Crackers
- Lori at The Wooden Spoon posted a recipe for Orange Poundcake
- Steph at Live.Love.Eat. shared a recipe for Amaretto Truffle Bars and a healthier one (though no less delicious, I’m sure) for chicken tortilla bake
- Joe at Daddy Dorkus posted his best Cheese Fondue recipe
- Genna Cockerham wrote about reducing paper waste in the kitchen at Suite 101
- Margaret from A Way to Garden says toss your poinsettia in an informative article about plant gifts
- Lori at The Recipe Girl posted a brilliant tip for organizing your spices
- Dawn from Painter Mommy shared a tip for keeping winter gloves organized
- Miranda from Keeper of the Cheerios posted a huge list of tutorials and patterns for making felt food. Joe and I are making a lot of felt food these days for Gracie’s kitchen.
- The Crunchy Parent posted more felt food ideas and patterns
- Marie at Make and Takes has a tutorial for a homemade tutu
Have you post something this week that was worth writing Home about? Send me the link, and maybe you’ll see it here next Sunday!
© 2009 – 2012, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.