I’ve found a lot of gems on the internet this week. Most of them are Christmas-related because that’s where my mind is right now. I hope you don’t mind, Dear Reader.
- Liz Pulliam Weston posted a list of 20 easy gifts that aren’t gift cards at MSN Money
- Lana at Right Here, Right Now post a hilarious story about a game her husband and 4-year-old were playing called Jesus and the Alligator
- Rachel at The Small Notebook talked about simplifying Christmas
- Tsh at Simple Mom is hosting a virtual book club in 2009 called the Sound Mind, Sound Mom Book Club. I’m really excited because the book club is going to read an intelligent, substantive book every other month in the new year. Even though it’s not about Home, I hope you’ll consider joining in.
- Homemade marshmallows? Yes, homemade marshmallows. I’ve never attempted to make marshmallows, but after seeing ‘s article at the Homesteading Housewife, I can’t wait to give them a try.
- Betty at The Joe Review posted a recipe for Twice Baked Potatoes
- at Picky Palate posted two wonderful holiday recipes – Pumpkin Pie Rice Pudding and Caramel Apple Upside Down French Toast Bake. Oh my!
- Susan at the Bohanon Family posted her special Christmas Crunch recipe
- Stephanie at A Year of Crockpotting posted a recipe for CrockPot Peppermint Hot Chocolate or Peppermint Mocha. I think it could be made on the stove top just as easily.
- Jen at Mommay’s Mayhem hosted her Virtual Cookie Exchange this week. At this moment, there are 24 great looking cookie recipes linked up, including Jen’s.
- Homemaker Barbi posted 13 Ways to Be a Better Housekeeper
- Robyn’s Online World shared a great idea for keeping your online passwords handy
- Teresa at Whatever shared simple ways to welcome your holiday guests
- Leila at Like mother, like daughter asked how her readers decorate for the advent
- Cassi at The Crafty Crow has a list of ideas for using toddler art to create Christmas gifts.
- Stacey at Havoc & Mayhem talked about a scrapbooking class she’s taking called Journal Your Christmas. I think I might sign up. It looks awesome!
- I adore this very simple project posted by Megan at Plum Pudding. She embroidered her children’s hand prints onto canvas. Wouldn’t the grandparents love that?
- Cal Patch wrote illustrated instructions for transforming an ordinary t-shirt into a very cute gathered yoke top at Craft Stylish
Have you post something this week that was worth writing Home about? Send me the link, and maybe you’ll see it here next Sunday!
© 2008 – 2013, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.