This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Some of my loyal Dear Readers have asked me to write out my complete Thanksgiving menu.
Here’s what we’re having on Thursday:
- Sparkling cider
- A relish tray with black olives, stuffed green olives, dill pickles, and bread & butter pickles
- Roast turkey, prepared according to the directions on the frozen turkey’s wrapper
- Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes with gravy prepared by my mom using the turkey juice (is that called drippings?) and flour
- Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Green Bean Casserole
- Steamed baby carrots, straight out of the bag and steamed in the microwave
- Homemade Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Grand’s really big flaky buttered biscuits served with real butter and homemade jam – I know they’re cheating, but my Dad loves them.
- Gourmet Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Topping served with whipped topping and vanilla ice cream
- My Favorite Pecan Pie
- Cherry Pie
I love how Joe and I split all of the duties of Thanksgiving. I think our division of labor is one of the main reasons that I love the holiday so much. Neither of us is overwhelmed with work.
I can’t wait for next Thursday!
© 2008 – 2012, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.