This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
This is going to be a weekly column on Feels like home.
This is just one of a number of changes you’re going to notice over the coming weeks as Feels like home becomes more of a place extraordinaire and less of a homely blog.
Don’t worry, Dear Reader, I’m not going to quit writing my clever and hilarious anecdotes. They’ll still be here, shared as they happen, embarrassment and all.
Alongside my ridiculous stories however, I am going to add a variety of articles and recipes and projects. My goal is to make Feels like home into a resource where moms and dads can find advice and tips to help make their houses feel like home. The changes I’m planning will reflect that goal.
I’d love to hear your comments about the changes as they happen, either in the Comments section or by email. Please, tell me what you think.
Without further ado, here are some things to write home about this week:
- Dr. Mommy posted 7 herbs to soothe a sore throat. Since I have one at this moment, I checked them out.
- Beth at Coming Up for Air posted a cure for whining children.
- Heather from Not a DIY Life is leading a study of the book The Love Dare at Blissfully Domestic for the next few weeks.
- Frugal Dad has an awesome list of frugal Halloween costume ideas.
- Tad the Dad is a brand new blogger who tries to share his positive outlook with others.
- Robyn’s Online World posted a ridiculously funny story about her husband’s kitchen faux pas.
- Jenn at Frugal Upstate is conducting an interview with Chris Lee, the Executive Chef of Gilt Restaurant at New York City’s Palace Hotel, and she wants to hear your questions.
- Stephanie at Make It From Scratch featured several recipes for homemade rolls (with and without a bread machine).
- Heather from Not a DIY Life also runs a recipe blog called On Pans and Kneadles, where she shared her recipe for Crockpot Applesauce, which I make and adore.
- Mariana at Riding with No Hands made ice cream cone cupcakes.
- Sandy at 4 Reluctant Entertainers posted a recipe for a No Peel Apple Cake. If you know me personally, Dear Reader, you’ve heard me say “Fiber is good for your colon,” at least twenty-seven times. This cake is good for your colon, too, I bet.
- Deanna’s Cooking Corner has an awesome recipe for a Praline Cream Cheese Appetizer.
- I can’t wait to try homemade pizza using the recipes Amy posted at Mom Advice.
- Sherry has an amazing recipe for Buckeye Cake that I can’t wait to try, despite its foul name. (I’m putting the finishing touches on the post whilst my Nittany Lions play the Buckeyes in college football.)
- Recipes by Donna has a recipe for Banana Wheat Bread in the bread maker.
- Pennie at Ladies Blend Thyme is using Bell jars to make simple candle holders.
- Juliette at Chickpea Sewing Studio shares several things you can make for baby out of flannel.
- Shannan at From Cribs to Car Keys posted a neat idea for a Nature Walk Wreath at Type-A Mom.
Have you post something this week that was worth writing Home about? Send me the link, and maybe you’ll see it here next Sunday!
© 2008 – 2013, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.