I love pecan pie, Dear Reader.
One year, a long time ago, I gained about fifteen pounds perfecting my very own pecan pie recipe. My gain is your gain because I’m going to share it with you, in the spirit of the coming holidays.
- 1 packaged pie crust
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¾ c + 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ¾ light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 c pecans, quartered (I chop them with my Food Chopper into nice big pieces OR mash them a bit in the bag. I don’t spend the time to quarter each nut.)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Press the pie crust into the pie plate and proof. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until the crust is just barely golden.
- Meanwhile, in a 2 quart bowl, mix together eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, and remaining pecans.
- When crust comes out of the oven, pour syrup and pecan mixture into it.
- Bake pie in preheated oven about 1 hour, or until firm. Let cool at least 1 hour before serving (if you don’t, it will be very runny when you try to cut it).
© 2008 – 2012, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.