My Favorite Pecan Pie

I love pecan pie, Dear Reader.

One year, a long time ago, I gained about fifteen pounds perfecting my very own pecan pie recipe. My gain is your gain because I’m going to share it with you, in the spirit of the coming holidays.

Enjoy!

My Favorite Pecan Pie

Ingredients
  • 1 packaged pie crust
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • ¾ c + 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
  • ¾ light brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 2 c pecans, quartered (I chop them with my Food Chopper into nice big pieces OR mash them a bit in the bag. I don’t spend the time to quarter each nut.)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Press the pie crust into the pie plate and proof. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until the crust is just barely golden.
  3. Meanwhile, in a 2 quart bowl, mix together eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, and remaining pecans.
  4. When crust comes out of the oven, pour syrup and pecan mixture into it.
  5. Bake pie in preheated oven about 1 hour, or until firm. Let cool at least 1 hour before serving (if you don’t, it will be very runny when you try to cut it).
Notes
Don’t try to lighten this recipe by using Splenda. It doesn’t work. Trust me.

© 2008 – 2012, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.

Comments

1. Sherry says

have a great Tuesday!
    Sherry

2. Sherry says

Yummy! I love pecan pie, but don’t make it too often with how tempting it is. :D Thank you for sharing your recipe!have a great Tuesday!Sherry

3. JMom says

oh pecan pie is in my radar! We’ll be going to pick some pecans at sister in law’s soon and this is exactly what I got planned :)

4. JMom says

5. Mamasphere says

Pecan Pie is decadence at its best, and my most favorite desert. My mom makes a pretty good one every year for Thanksgiving, but yours looks pretty good, too. And easy!

6. Mamasphere says

7. Lisa@BlessedwithGrace says

Tara, great recipe. I LOVE the new look. You did a great job. Boy you are getting fancy in your “home”.

8. Lisa@BlessedwithGrace says

9. Pennie @ Ladies Blend Thymes says

Hi Tara,

Pennie

10. Pennie @ Ladies Blend Thymes says

Hi Tara, Thanks so much for adding your recipes to the Holiday cookie and sweets party. I have not made a pecan pie in years. I think I’ll try this recipe for Christmas! Take Care,Pennie