This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Grace’s eating habits boggle my mind. I think I’ve mentioned this before, but she will only eat prepackaged foods at day care. (For the semi-crunchy homemade babyfood chef, this is a painful fact.) At home, it’s a whole other story, however, as she gladly gobbles down whatever her dad and I are eating. Tonight, we had homemade potato chowder. It was so yummy. Grace ate a lot – a whole grown up-sized portion – without the garnishes.
- 8 cup raw potatoes, diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 43 oz fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth (3 of the regular size cans)
- 1 can canned condensed cream of chicken soup
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 8 oz fat-free cream cheese
- In 5 QT slow cooker, combine diced potatoes, chopped onion, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and pepper.
- Cook 8-10 hours on low.
- Add cream cheese and cook another 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Top with chopped scallions, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheddar.
© 2008 – 2012, Tara Ziegmont. All rights reserved.